The unique positioning of Vishwa Yuvak Kendra clearly equips it to meet the challenges that lie ahead. While the Kendra feels the need to grow and expand in response to increasing demands, it also recognizes the need to consolidate and bring into focus its programme activities with a clear thrust on development issues. After serious introspection, the Kendra presently envisages to strengthen and involve itself in the following fields of activity:
- Assisting small voluntary organisations by way of providing conceptual forums, technical training and information support, especially to those groups working in remote areas.
- Involving youth in voluntary action in a sustained manner.
- Initiating development education so that middle class citizens can contribute and participate in voluntary development work more effectively.
- Producing a quarterly newsletter viz. Youth Horizon
- Producing a bi-annual development journal viz. Indian Journal of Youth Affair
- Setting up an NGO advocacy and outreach centre so as to provide support to the smaller and more vulnerable voluntary organisations.
- Initiating community-based development projects carrying out action research in rural and urban areas.
- Promoting regional cooperation and exchanges between people of the South Asian countries.